ROLE TITLE: Trustee
LOCATION: No specific location. Will require occasional travel to London
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 14th
SALARY: Unpaid (reasonable expenses will be covered)
START DATE: January 2023
TERM LENGTH: Four years, maximum of two terms
We are recruiting up to three Trustees to join the Serious Trust Board. It is an exciting time to join the board as the Serious Trust looks to deliver on an ambitious new strategy and extend our reach to support more musicians, audiences and communities.
The Serious Trust is the charitable arm of Serious, fundraising for the areas of Serious’ work which have a charitable purpose and are dependent on additional funding to deliver. Serious are creative producers, known for delivering the EFG London Jazz Festival as well as a year-round programme of events, festivals, creative engagement projects, talent development work and ground-breaking new commissions.
As a Trustee, you will have ultimate responsibility for the running of the Trust, ensuring it is well-run, solvent and meeting the charitable outcomes for which it was set up. We are looking for people who are passionate about the opportunities that music offers and have the skills and experience to drive the charity forward in the coming years.
We are particularly looking for people with expertise and knowledge in at least one of the following areas:
• Music or arts charities, particularly creative projects, youth work, community work, talent development or new commissions
• Charity law, governance and/or other legal expertise
• Charity fundraising and/or major donor and trust contacts
• Leadership and management of small to medium-sized charities or arts organisations
• Marketing, communications and PR, particularly charity branding
We value the benefits that a diverse board can bring so welcome applicants from all cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. We are open to applicants who may be seeking their first trusteeship as well as more experienced candidates.
Please see the full Role Description below.
To apply, please send a short cover letter (approximately 1 page) detailing your suitability for the role and your CV (or Linkedin profile) to [email protected]. Alternatively, please email to arrange an informal chat ahead of application.
- Equality and Diversity Monitoring form recruitment
- Serious Trust Trustee Role Description