The Take Five initiative is aimed at British and UK based composer-performers and is designed to give some of the UK’s most talented emerging creative jazz musicians the opportunity to take time out to develop their craft, build their careers and get their music out into the world.
Serious developed this scheme in 2004, in partnership with the Jerwood Charitable Foundation and PRS for Music Foundation, and has gone on to produce eleven more successful editions, involving nearly 100 musicians aged under 35. From Edition V onwards, additional funding has been received from Arts Council England and Help Musicians UK.
A life-changing experience for me. Serious created a warm, positive, safe space for all of us to be artists, to be vulnerable and open enough to take on huge amounts of information and make big changes in the way we want to work, present ourselves and think about the world.
I left the residency renewed, absolutely full of ideas and with my creative tank fit to burst
Take Five is the ultimate ‘demystifier’. Every smoky, unclear or unknown corner of the music industry can be approached and looked at up-close and within the big picture. It is flexible enough to be tailored to individuals whilst showing that everyone is in the same boat. Everyone who took part in the process, peers, guests or organisers showed total availability for the discussions to happen...and they did.
- Take Five Edition I Media Release1
- Take Five Edition I Article By Jane Cornwall1
- Take Five Edition Ii Article By John Fordham1
- Take Five Edition Ii Media Release1
- Take Five Edition Iii Article By Daniel Spicer1
- Take Five Edition Iii Media Release1
- Take Five Edition Iv Article By Dan Spicer1
- Take Five Edition Iv Media Release1
- Take Five Edition V Article By Daniel Spicer1
- Take Five Edition V Media Release1
- Take Five Final Draft Chris Ackerley As At Jan 2011
- Take Five Media Release Edition Vii Final1
- Take Five Edition Vii Article Kevin Le Gendre Final
- Appendix D Take Five Edition Viii By Marcus O
- Edition Ix Media Release
- Take Five Edition Ix Essay By Mike Collins 2014
- Take Five Media Release Edition X Final 12 11 2014
- Take Five Uk Edition X By Ian Patterson
- Take Five Media Release Edition Xi