Thank you, but expressions of interest for Take Five 2020 are now closed
For the first time this year, Serious is opening applications for its prestigious talent development programme Take Five to all musicians who match the programme’s criteria, which are:
- Creativity: must write their own music in the fields of jazz or improvised music
- Exceptional Talent: quality of composition and performance
- Leadership experience: i.e. leads their own band/ensemble and/or demonstrates an active presence on the UK live music scene
- Future Potential: especially with regard to making the most of any musical / performance opportunities and business contacts that will be the result of their participation on the scheme.
- Distinctive contribution to the jazz and improvised music community: those who participate in a range of extra curricular activities, e.g. run a collective, a record label, distinctive online engagement for more than just their own work, significant educational/learning and participation activity, etc)
- Age: 25 – 35 years or with at least 5 years professional experience.
- Availability: must be available on the week of 30 March 2020 for the Take Five residency, and be available for other mentorship and performance opportunities throughout the year
- UK resident: does not need to be a UK national – but needs to demonstrate that they are committed to living and working in the UK
The deadline to make an initial “expression of interest” using the form below is 5pm on Friday 8 November. Those eligible and considered of a high enough standard for the programme will be invited to make a full application, the deadline for which will be 5pm on Monday 25 November.
If you have any questions please get in touch with us through our contact form. Thank you.