In July 2016, Serious were awarded a two-year grant from the Paul Hamlyn Foundation to facilitate a learning and participation programme, partnering with a national network of arts organisations to;
- Programme high quality learning and participation work nationally
- Extend our subsidised ticket scheme, Serious New Audiences
- Deliver an artist training programme for musicians from diverse cultural backgrounds to develop skills in participatory music-making
- Refine and implement a comprehensive evaluation framework to monitor and improve the work, and to inform its development and industry best practice
- Share best practice across the framework of regional partners
- Recruit a full time Learning Coordinator to support this delivery
This funding is crucial in order for us and our regional partners to reach marginalised audiences, increase the high quality and diverse programming on offer, support artists with the skills in learning and participatory delivery and share the learning across the sector.
The framework of partners extends across the East of England, East Midlands, London, North East, North West, South East, South West, West Midlands, Yorkshire and the Humber, Scotland and Wales.