Serious is one of the UK’s leading producers of great live music, ranging from large festivals to intimate club gigs, and from international tours to specially-commissioned events. We programme and produce eight indoor festivals every year, including the EFG London Jazz Festival, and work closely with partner venues, festivals and organisations all over Britain and beyond
The Head of Production role will be suitable for someone with the following skills:-
- proven experience in delivering a wide range of live events to a high standard
- excellent team management, with the ability to lead and inspire a small, skilled production team
- confidence recruiting and managing a wide range of specialists and freelancers for events
- strong financial skills in creating and managing budgets
- great written and verbal communication and people management skills
- a good understanding of event technical requirements including production riders, and confidence dealing with technical teams, suppliers and crew
- strong ability to run systems, including contracts, tax and immigration paperwork
- a passion and enthusiasm for live music and artists
- the ability to juggle a heavy workload and high expectations in a busy office
This is primarily an office-based role, not an on-the-road stage management post, but you will be asked to attend and manage some Serious events all over the UK. Some evening and weekend work is required.
For more details and to apply, please see the Job Description and Application Form below.
Please note applications will only be accepted using the form below, which needs to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receipt of applications Wednesday 31 May (midday)
First round interviews: Wednesday 7 and Friday 9 June